posted Aug 19, 2013, 7:18 PM by SAU31 Webmaster
updated Aug 19, 2013, 7:23 PM
The District has established this policy with regard to access and disclosure of electronic data composed, stored, sent, or received by employees using the District computer system. This policy is designed to protect the safety and security of the District's computer systems including E-mail and internet use.
The District intends to enforce the rules set forth below and reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
- The computer hardware system, software and E-mail system are owned by the District, and all messages or data composed, stored, sent, or received using the system are and remain the private property of the District. They are not the property of the employee.
- The electronic mail system may not be used to solicit or proselytize for commercial ventures, religious or political causes, outside organizations, or other non-job-related solicitations.
- The District prohibits discriminatory, harassing, or offensive materials in any form of media. Among those which are considered offensive are any messages which contain sexual implications, racial slurs, gender-specific comments, or any other comments that offensively address someone's age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, national origin, or disability.
- The electronic mail system shall not be used to send (upload) or receive (download) copyrighted materials, trade secrets, proprietary financial information, or similar materials without prior authorization.
- The District reserves, and intends to exercise without prior notice, the right to read, review, audit, intercept, access or disclose any and all information on an employee's computer system or messages created, received or sent over the electronic mail system for any purpose, even if coded or passworded.
- This policy operates in conjunction with Policy EGA-R. The Superintendent of Schools has authority to resolve any apparent discrepancies between the two policies.
- Any communications created, sent, or retrieved using E-mail may be read by individuals other than the intended recipient.
- Notwithstanding the District's right to retrieve and monitor any E-mail messages, such messages should be treated as confidential by other employees and accessed only by the intended recipient. Employees are not authorized to retrieve or read any E-mail that is not sent to them. Any exception to this policy must receive prior approval by the Superintendent.
- Any employee who violates this policy or uses the computer system or electronic mail system for improper purposes shall be subject to discipline up to and including discharge.
- The District has the authority to terminate or limit access to any program at any time.
- Personal disks cannot be used on the system unless pre-authorized by the computer coordinator.
- Personal storage devices cannot be used on the system unless pre-authorized by the computer coordinator.
RSA 194:3-d, School District Computer Networks