posted Dec 21, 2015, 5:53 AM by Jason Carey
We're excited to announce that Snapverter is now available for all SAU31 staff and students!
What is Snapverter for Google Chrome?
- Snapverter is an add-on for Read&Write for Google that converts printed documents and inaccessible digital files into readable PDF files for easy sharing and reading aloud in Google Drive.
- Snapverter uses smart OCR technology to recognize text from worksheets, handouts, book pages, and other printed materials. It can also convert Bookshare® digital publications in DAISY format to accessible EPUB files, which can then be read aloud with Read&Write for Google.
- Snapverter can also handle documents with embedded photos, charts and diagrams that are integrated seamlessly in the converted PDF. Simply snap a picture of any document using your smartphone or select any inaccessible digital file, and save to Snapverter’s folder in your Google Drive. Converted files can then be easily shared with students and other teachers on any device - PCs, Macs, Chromebook, tablets, or smartphones.
- Click HERE to access the Snapverter User Guide.
- Click HERE to access the Using Snapverter VIDEO
- Click HERE to access the Using Snapverter from your iPhone VIDEO.
How do I begin using Snapverter with my Google Apps account?
Snapverter has already been installed for you. However, you will need to grant the application permission to run on your Google Apps account. You can do this by following the steps below:
1.) When you first sign into your Google Apps account using the Chrome Browser, a pop will appear.
- Select "Allow" at the pop up screen
That's it! You should be all set. If Snapverter does not
automatically appear on your Google Apps account, you can install it directly from the Chrome Store by following this LINK
Additional Resources from Snapverter:Complimentary Help and Training options for Snapverter users:Contacting Texthelp For technical support issues:
If you need additional support, do not hesitate to request a time to meet with someone from the SAU31 Technology Department via a Help Desk ticket.