We're excited to announce that Read&Write for Google Chrome is now available for all SAU31 staff and students!
What is Read&Write for Google Chrome?
Read&Write for Google Chrome™ offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research, including:
• Hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
• See the meaning of words explained with text and picture dictionaries
• Hear text translated into other languages
• Get suggestions for the current or next word as you type
• Turn words into text as you speak
• Highlight text in documents or the web and collect for use in other documents
• Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
• Simplify and summarize text on web pages
How do I begin using Read&Write for Google Chrome?
Read & Write for Google Chrome has already been installed for you. However, you will need to grant the application permission to run on your Google Apps account. You can do this by following the steps below:
1.) When you first sign into your Google Apps account using the Chrome Browser, a pop will appear.
- Select "Continue" at the first pop up screen
2.) At the next pop-up, select "Allow"
- If done correctly, you will see a tab with the Read&Write for Google Chrome icon whenever you open a Google Doc.
- If you click on the tab, the Read&Write for Google Chrome toolbar will drop down for use. Click again to hide the toolbar.
What happens if I do not see the Read&Write for Google Chrome toolbar? Or, I already clicked "Deny" when Read&Write for Google Chrome asked for permission to my account, what should I do?
Not to worry! Please follow the steps in this Support Article.
If you need additional support, do not hesitate to request a time to meet with someone from the SAU31 Technology Department via a Help Desk ticket.
Additional Resources from Read&Write for Google Chrome:
Complimentary Help and Training options for Read&Write for Google Chrome users:
Technology Updates >